*Fees are a guide only. Exact cost will be dependent on requirements and are subject to change.
Nicholas Owen is one of the UK’s best-known news anchors. Currently presenting news on BBC World and presenting a weekly show for Classic FM, he is also an impressive event host and speaker.
About Nicholas Owen
Nicholas undertakes a wide range of corporate work including hosting major industry and medical conferences, seminars and award ceremonies. He also chairs question time sessions, debates and media briefings, as well as giving entertaining after dinner – and lunchtime – speeches.
Beginning his journalistic career on the Surrey Mirror in 1964 aged 17 Nicholas moved to Fleet Street in 1968 to work for the Evening Standard. Subsequently he joined The Daily Telegraph before spending seven years with the Financial Times. Furthermore, he joined the magazine Now in 1979 firstly as Deputy Business Editor then Business Editor.
Switching to television reporting Nicholas joined the BBC in the north of England. There he covered general and industrial stories for both regional and national news and current affairs programmes.
Moving to ITN/ITV
Owen moved to ITN in 1984, as Channel 4 News‘ Business and Economics Correspondent. During the First Gulf War he presented the highly acclaimed Midnight Special Programmes when they were launched on Channel 4. He also anchored The Parliament Programme, Channel 4’s first daytime political series. Between 1991-1994, he co-presented the ITN Lunchtime News.
From 1994 to April 2000 Owen was Royal Correspondent for ITV News. He played a major role in reporting on the death and Funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales. He compiled a book on her life entitled Diana – The People’s Princess. Throughout this period, he was a regular presenter of weekend news bulletins on ITN, as well as a relief presenter for both the Lunchtime and Early Evening bulletins.
In 2006, Owen took part in BBC One’s Strictly Come Dancing but was voted off in the first week of the show . Also in 2006, he appeared on ITV Play‘s nightly game show The Mint and gave away the jackpot of over £130,000 to the winner.
Moving to the BBC
Nicholas’s last broadcast on ITV was the ITV Evening News on 7 February 2007 and he took up his BBC News post on 3 March 2007.
Regularly hosting a Saturday afternoon show on Classic FM Nicholas also contributes to other radio and TV programmes.
In July 2002, Owen was diagnosed with kidney cancer, and he became an Honorary Patron of Kidney Cancer UK in 2003. Since the 1980s he has been a supporter of the charities Cancer Research UK and ActionAid, taking part in various fundraising events for these organisations.
He is also an Ambassador of The Children’s Trust, a UK charity for children with brain injury. And he is a Patron of Dyscover Ltd a Surrey-based charity for people suffering from aphasia following stroke or brain injury.
- Nicholas also provides the voiceover on Tramlink in Croydon.
- Owen was a Vice-Patron of the Bluebell Railway‘s project to extend the line towards East Grinstead.
- In 2012 his autobiography Days Like This was published.
- Married to former newspaper reporter Brenda they have four children and eight grandchildren.
- Nicholas’s commercial bookings include
- Hosting the launch of the new one-pound coin for the Royal Mint with the Queen’s new portrait.
- Chairing the National Rail Conference for many years moderating panel discussions and working with figures from the industry, the Government, and the Secretary of State for Transport.
- Hosting and presenting Staff Awards for the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and St Georges Healthcare NHS Trust.
- Directing question and answer sessions on the future of oncology medicine for Pfizer Ltd.
- Chairing an international environmental conference at the Natural History Museum.
- Facilitating question and answer sessions at successive Police Federation conferences.
- Presiding over BT workshop sessions involving other leading FTSE 100 firms.
- Hosting a major international television conference at the Palais de Congress in Paris, attended by TV executives worldwide, both in the audience and via video links.
- Overseeing and presenting international medical seminars including the European Society of Cardiologists and the European Hematology Association.
"I just wanted to say a huge thank you once again, for holding us all together so successfully today. You were a resounding success and we all agree we simply couldn’t have done it without you."
"Thank you SO MUCH for all your hard work last night. You were a total star – kept everything moving, managed the rather noisy crowd extremely well and entertained us non-stop!"
Highways Excellence Awards
"Thank you for your wonderful contribution to the Conference. Your contribution was just what we wanted and helped to make the meeting a great success for all attendees. Thank you once again."
Academic Unit of Clinical Oncology
"You had the highest scores ever recorded in feedback forms - 90 % scored 4 or 5 out of 5"
Pfizer Diabetes Debate
"Thank you for being a most excellent guest at our Staff Awards for Excellence....the feedback from staff has been phenomenal.....You were absolutely brilliant!"
Award ceremony for East London & The City Mental Health Trust.
"Thanks for all your help and support..... With a very short lead-in time and most material coming in very late.....it was so reassuring to know that I had your experienced and calm self on stage to deal with any emergencies."
Canada Life Conference
"Your professionalism, knowledge and the charming way you managed to keep everyone to time - a unique achievement at any conference! - provided the momentum and continuity which made the event so successful"
Falkland Islands Business conference.
Nicholas Owen News
You may also like
Duncan Bannatyne OBE
Serial entrepreneur and former Dragon’s Den investor
Debra Searle MBE
Famous for rowing solo across the Atlantic in a 23 ft plywood boat
International business consultant, credited for the turnaround of Selfridges
James Caan CBE
Entrepreneur and former investor on Dragons Den
Former head of Syco Entertainment
The Retail Champion,' consumer expert
Kelly Hoppen MBE
Interior Designer and former investor on BBC 2’s Dragons’ Den
Leading voice on Automation and Artificial Intelligence
Simon Alexander Ong
Bestselling author of 'Energize,' and personal and business coach
Creator of The Simpsons