*Fees are a guide only. Exact cost will be dependent on requirements and are subject to change.
Brita Fernandez Schmidt
Brita Fernandez Schmidt is an author, public speaker and transformational coach. With over 25 years experience in women’s 'in-powerment,' rights and equality, Brita is a passionate believer that change is possible.
About Brita Fernandez Schmidt
Brita Fernandez Schmidt is an author, public speaker and transformational coach. She works with individuals, groups, organisations and businesses, using her 25 years of experience, to facilitate transformation and impact. Driven by her purpose, Brita believes that the power to achieve the change we are dreaming of resides within us.
Brita Fernandez Schmidt works with organisations and businesses to create working cultures that are value-led, inclusive, in-powering, innovative and sustainable. She is passionate about promoting alternative models of ‘leadership’ as a response to the urgent problems facing our society and world.
Furthermore she is an advocate and promoter of women’s power, women’s rights and equality. Over the past 25 years, she has frequently written and spoken publicly about the challenges women face all over the world.
Fears to Fierce: A woman’s guide to owning her power
In 2021, Brita released her debut book . Through a combination of guidance, storytelling and practical tools, Brita inspires readers. She helps them realise their purpose and potential, ignite their fierce to create the life they have been dreaming of.
In addition, Brita is Chief Adviser to Fair Share, Ambassador for Compassion in Politics and Ambassador for Common Purpose. She is an Ambassador for Women for Women International in Germany, which she co-founded in 2018.
For 13 years, Brita served as the Executive Director of Women for Women International – UK . She was the Chair of the Network Gender Action for Peace and Security for 5 years and previously worked as the Programmes & Policy Director at Womankind Worldwide. She started her career as Policy Officer at the European Women’s Lobby.
Originally from Germany, Brita went to school in Venezuela and has throughout her career worked with women from many countries around the world. She now lives in the UK with her husband, two daughters and two dogs.
- Finding and owning your power – How to overcome the fear that so often holds us back and tapping into the power within us.
- Finding your authentic voice – How to shine with authenticity and create the impact you desire
- What is In-Powerment and how can it change your life and your business? – In-Powerment is a concept that I developed for my book Fears to Fierce and it is based on the premise that the power we need to create the impact we desire resides within us, and the process of tapping into it, is in-powerment, the process of being in your power.
- How to develop an innovator’s mindset to tackle the pervasive problems of our world – I have developed a concept called the Innovator’s Mindset that provides a practical approach to adopting a mindset that facilitates an innovative approach to old problems.
- Embracing Uncertainty – how to find strength and resilience in uncertainty and thrive anyway
- How to manage change in uncertain times
- Identify your purpose – how to find and own your purpose and help you to live a life that is more meaningful
- How to make a difference in the world – explore what matters to you, and how you want to matter and what actions you will take to create the change you want to see
- Unseen. What I have learned from working with women in countries affected by conflict and extreme poverty – about how we can work towards inclusion and greater equality
- Time for change – how to take the plunge and follow your dreams
- Self-Sabotage – how to overcome it and thrive
- How to start up a successful business/organisation – sharing my top tips for building a value driven enterprise with a high public profile
- Working with women, for women – a look at my journey with women across the last 25 years – my personal journey and story
You may also like
Activist and best-selling author of Everyday Sexism
Dr. Shola Mos-Shogbamimu
Lawyer, activist and media commentator
Lady Phyll Opoku-Gyimah
Co-founder and executive director of UK Black Pride
Journalist and former BBC Beijing bureau chief
UK President of WPP and U.K. CEO of GroupM, the world’s leading media investment company
Consultant, and workshop facilitator with a focus on Anti-Racism, Diversity and Inclusion, and Allyship