Kate Russell is a journalist, reporter and author, keynote speaker, conference chair, moderator and panellist. She talks with authority on various areas of technology and digital transformation. Speaking with great energy and humour she makes complex technical topics entertaining and easier to understand.
To book Kate Russell for your next event, contact us today.
Read more about Kate
Writing about technology and the Internet for over two decades, Kate is a regular on BBC technology programme Click and has a column in National Geographic Traveller magazine.
Speaking regularly at conferences, Kate also delivers keynotes at digital strategy events and policy meetings. Passionate about inspiring the next generation of technologists, she enjoys delivering lecturing in schools and universities too.
Winning multiple awards for the best technology blog, she was listed as one of the top 50 most influential women in UK IT by Computer Weekly magazine in 2017 and 2018. She also writes sci-fi and fantasy with has had two novels published.
Kate's areas of specific expertise include:
- Women in tech
- Diversity/gender bias
- Crowd funding (with 2 successful Kickstarter campaigns under her own belt)
- Identity, trust, security and consent in a digital world
- Influencer marketing - for marketers or for influencers
- Digital transformation
- The past/future of tech and its impact on business
- AI/Robotics and the influence on commerce/customer service/engagement
- Generation Z
- Cybercrime and data protection
- Gaming/gaming communities
- Live streaming for business - what businesses/broadcasters need to know
- Live streaming for streamers - building an audience/creating content (Kate is a partnered Twitch streamer)
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
“As the Chartered Institute for IT, it is important our events are hosted by a professional who is credible within the industry. Kate is a consummate professional and brings that credibility and knowledge to our events whether they are discussion forums or celebratory events. Kate is very thorough in her preparation and research for events and is accomplished at helping other speakers and guests feel at ease. She works hard to entertain the audience and keep things running to schedule. For this reason she is on our list of top event hosts.”
Intel Cyber Security Summit UKI 2015
“Kate was very professional and engaging. She was well prepared and kept our speakers on track. She was very approachable for us and our audience. She contributed significantly to the great day that was had by everyone.”