How to book a comedy speaker
It can be a challenge booking the right comedy speaker for your event as there is so much to consider. Whether you have an intimate event of 20 guests, or for an awards ceremony with over 300 guests, booking an act that can hold the audience’s attention is key, and this changes dependents on the audience demographic.
The Speakers Agency use a refined booking process that has been established over many years to provide endless audiences with high calibre comedy speakers:
- Firstly, we would need a detailed brief. For booking a comedian there are two crucial parts:
- The brief – It’s really important that you send through as much information as possible about your audience and their demographics. It will very much impact the comedian we would recommend to you. It is useful to detail what type of comedy speaker you would like, be it political, observational, general humour, impressionist.
- Your budget – Depending on what you want from your comedy speaker, be it a short set, whether it involves hosting awards or a charity auction, all of these factors impact the fee required. If we can understand your budget, we will guide you based on our experience.
- When we have gone through the brief in detail, we will provide you with some carefully considered suggestions for your event. We will detail at this point any specific caveats for the talent, such as their preferred time of delivery at the event and why this is so important. Helpful advice like this ensures you get great value from the comedian as it can have a huge impact on the reception of their set.
- Usually for a comedian, we will require you to sign an Offer Form in advance which is slightly different to our usual Booking Form. In simple terms, this commits you to the booking at a slightly earlier stage than signing a normal Booking Contract. It serves as a formal and binding offer to the comedian and lets them know that if they accept the invitation to perform or host, this commits you to proceeding with the booking if the comedian accepts.
- Once the comedian has accepted the event, we will email you a booking contract for signing and an invoice for payment. You can then sit back and wait in anticipation for your event!
- Nearer to the time, where required, there will be a maximum 30-minute briefing call with your chosen comedian. You might like to discuss exactly how the event will run with the talent and what you and your audience would like to get out of the event specifically.
The Speakers Agency have a huge number of comedy speaker suitable for all types of events and budgets. Please feel free to call us to discuss your requirements in more detail and we can use our expertise to help you choose the best talent for your audience.
popular comedy speakers
Comedian and creator of nation's favourite 'The Pub Landlord'
Presenter of The Last Leg and popular Comedian
Comedian and Britain’s Got Talent 2022 winner
Award-winning comedian and proud Bristolian
Britain's Got Talent winner, entertainer and musician
Comedian, writer and host best known as the creator of The Guilty Feminist podcast
Actress, TV presenter and comedian best known for Miranda and Bridget Jones
Stand-up comedian best known for Mock the Week (BBC2) and Off-Menu podcast
Comedian and 2019 Taskmaster winner