*Fees are a guide only. Exact cost will be dependent on requirements and are subject to change.
Paula Bell is a renowned character speaker, captivating audiences at various prestigious venues and events, including vintage car rallies, classic car clubs, ladies' luncheon clubs, supper clubs, lecture societies, and group meetings for the Women's Institute (WI) and the University of the Third Age (U3A). Her journey through the realm of historical storytelling began with her extensive experience at several heritage sites in Warwickshire.
About Paula Bell
Paula Bell’s roles ranged from a guide to visitor manager, curator, and house manager at esteemed locations such as Warwick Castle, Stoneleigh Abbey, The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, and the British Motor Museum.
In 2015, Paula embarked on a unique path, deciding to present her historical talks ‘in character’. She delves deeply into researching gutsy female figures, retelling their stories or aspects of their lives from their perspective, in an accessible, educational, and entertaining manner. Her move to Nottinghamshire in 2019 marked her joining The Speakers Agency, further expanding her repertoire and audience reach.
To book Paula Bell, contact The Speakers Agency on +44(0)1332 810481 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mind Your Motoring Manners – 1928 Style: Step back to 1928 with Paula as she channels the Hon. Mrs. Victor Bruce, encouraging women to embrace driving. This interactive session, while aimed at women drivers, resonates with a broader audience through its engaging narrative and audience participation.
- The Flying Housewife – 1931: Follow the daring solo flight around the world by the Hon. Mrs. Victor Bruce in 1931. This talk weaves thrilling stories of her adventures with a touch of audience involvement, often serving as a sequel to “Mind Your Motoring Manners”.
- An Interview with Lady Denman – 1924: Experience a unique interactive session with Lady Denman, the first National Chairman of the WI. This format involves pre-prepared questions from the audience, creating a dynamic and immersive interview experience.
- The Soho Stunner – 1883 (New for 2024): A captivating narrative set in 1883, exploring the complex relationship between Dante Gabriel Rossetti and Fanny Cornforth. This storytelling session, perfect for winter evenings, blends love, deceit, and gothic elements, all from Fanny Cornforth’s perspective.
- Keeping up Appearances Victorian Style (New for 2025): Henrietta Peabody, a fictional character, offers whimsical yet insightful advice on Victorian marriage customs. The talk promises an engaging and participatory experience for the audience.
Paula Bell’s talks are not only a journey through time but also a celebration of female fortitude and historical intrigue. She brings history to life in a way that is both informative and entertaining, making her an ideal choice for any event looking to provide a memorable experience.
You may also like
Professional singer and the star of 'Friday Night is Music Night'
Originator of the BBC series Grumpy Old Women, Author and Podcaster
Historical non-fiction writer
Decorative and Fine Arts lecturer
One of the first female recruits of Sandhurst Military Academy & Past Director of the Army and Navy Club
LAMDA trained actress and former West End star