Sonia Beldom is one of the creative brains behind “An Idiot Abroad” with Ricky Gervais, Karl Pilkington & Stephen Merchant, and has cast stars such as David Walliams, Julian Clary, Victoria Wood, The Hairy Bikers, John Sergeant, Dame Joan Collins, Noel Edmonds & Tynchy Stryder in hit TV series. She is the creator of the hit mental health blog www.soniasmum.com, which highlights the issues of growing up with a hilarious, but often hugely embarrassing mum whose mental illnesses weren’t fully diagnosed until she was 80 years old. She is currently writing two TV dramas and a children’s book based on her most recent challenge – driving a classic red routemaster bus around London.
Sonia is an energetic, funny and insightful speaker.
To book Sonia Beldom for your next event, contact us today.
Read more about Sonia Beldom
Sonia speaks passionately about how to develop and nurture self-worth in yourself, your teams, class, friends and family. She is incredibly creative and is in great demand as a creative vacillator and trainer for TV companies, creative businesses, advertising agencies, high net worth individuals and VIP clients. Sonia has worked with teams at the BBC, Channel 4, Endemol Shine, The Royal Opera House, D&AD, Heck Foods, Knight Ayton and the RNIB to develop big ideas within their creative and business teams, instilling values of bravery, integrity, creativity and team support systems. Sonia is a qualified coach and NLP practitioner and regularly runs courses in presentation and skills, how to appear confident on camera and “Dragon’s Den” style new business pitching. Her one-to-one media training clients range from prominent MPs, CEOs, celebrities and individuals seeking a confidence boost. She is a media advocate for MIND, the mental health charity and regularly speaks to schools about increasing confidence and personal presentation skills.
Sonia Beldom’s career started as a BBC Radio producer working with people such as Chas & Dave, Terry Wogan, Jerry Hall, Gyles Brandreth and Bobby Crush. She was then headhunted as a TV Development Exec for Tiger Aspect, BBC Entertainment, Mentorn and ITN before forming her own production company, Babygrand Productions. Sonia was always given “difficult” presenters to work with and years of dealing with her mentally ill mum equipped her in communication skills, how to manage difficult egos and stay calm under pressure.
When Sonia started blogging about her mum the stories spread like wildfire and Jeremy Vine invited her onto his Radio 2 show. Maxine Mawhinney then interviewed her for “The Moment”, she regularly co-hosts a relationships show on a Las Vegas network and regularly speaks about mental health and how to bring creativity into every aspect of your life.
Sonia’s talks cover:
- Developing and nurturing self-worth in yourself and those around you.
- Creativity, bravery and integrity in education, business and personal life.
- How growing up with a mentally ill mother impacts on childhood and adult life and how to turn it into a positive.
- How to communicate and care for people with dementia and mental health issues.
- Being awesome in interviews and getting the job.
- Presenting and pitching for success.
- Communication skills for teams, tricky situations and negotiations.
- Creating a unique brand, business presence and memorable profile.
- Overcoming fears and mental blocks in order to conquer nerves and phobias.
- Working with celebrities, egos and highly creative maverick people.
- Building a successful work, life balance.
- How to manage your own mental health and live a happy life.
- Challenging yourself out of your comfort zone and what it’s like to drive a big red bus through London’s busy roads.